Learning a new language is something we all should try because it can prove to very beneficial for us. If you know more than 2 languages, there are a number of ways through which you can use it for your advantage. There are a lot of exercises which can be performed in order to learn a new language. This includes watching TV, reading, or listening to someone talk in the language you want to learn. However, all these means may be possible, but they require a lot of time and effort. You can use Chrome for this purpose, and here is how you can do it:
There is an easy way for you to learn any new language and that is possible through an app called “Language Immersion for Chrome”. This app will help you get started quite easily when it comes to learning a new language. You can even use this app for practicing a language you want to improve. After the app is downloaded, you need to set a desired language. After that, select a level by keeping in mind how much knowledge you have regarding the language you want to learn.
Here is a step to step guidance about how you can take advantage of this amazing application and turn Chrome into a language tutor
- First, download and install the app from here.
- After it is installed, you will see an icon on the right of the address bar. Go ahead and click it.
- Pick your language and set your level of fluency.
- Once you have done that, you can start learning or improving the chosen language.
- Now when you will visit a website, you will see certain words and phrases highlighted. These highlighted words will be translated into the language you chose to learn. It is your responsibility to figure out the translated words/phrases and start building your vocabulary.
- If you are having any difficulties, you can go ahead and click on the translated word and it will appear in English again.
- This Chrome extension also provides its users with an option to hear the translated language with the help of Google Translate. The Language Immersion app will connect with Google Translate so that you can hear the words in your target language.
- If you pick the novice level, you will only see a few easy words and phrases translated into the language you picked. As you increase the difficulty level, the number of translated words and phrases will increase.
- Once you reach fluent level, you will see complete paragraphs in the other language selected.
- If you want to turn off this app, click the same icon on the right of the address bar. Click in the OFF button.
This app is a great way for you to practice any language you want to learn. Plus, you can easily squeeze this activity in your daily schedule. The quality of this extension is not perfect, as you might come across some words or phrases which have errors or grammatical mistakes. However, overall Language Immersion for Chrome can come in handy if you want to learn a new language.